Thread: "The wife"
View Single Post

Old 05-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcneill View Post
Rubicon and Gracie:

What wonderful, heart-warming stories...I thank you both for sharing.

If I may...I saw future wifey on May 4, 1972 at exactly 630pm. She was warming up to play in a rec dept softball league; that week I had just started working for the rec dept. My job that night was to umpire that night's games.

As luck/fate would have it, there was a close play at first base. I called her out; she disagreed. Despite that first encounter, we eventually started dating, yes...went steady, became engaged, and closed on our house the day before we married (old school here: we began living together on our wedding night).

To this day, however, Wifey still says that she was safe at first base, and that I was wrong!!!

Over the years, however I always prevail in that argument or any disagreement involving judgment: I simply remind her that I married her, but that she married me. Everyone who knows us will say that I got the better deal (by far!!), thus reinforcing my assertion that her judgment is suspect at best.

If God permits, Wifey and I will walk as long a path as each of you and your respective spouses have.

PS: I apologize to all fellow posters or hijacking this thread.
It's elementary, my dear. She's right. ...

If you waited 'til your wedding night, then she was indeed safe at first base.