View Single Post

Old 05-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Default Sanibel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggB View Post
I have been lurking on this forum for quite some time and found lots of great info. - so thanks to all who participate. My wife visited TV last fall & both of us returned for 2 weeks the beginning of this month. We very much enjoyed our stay, visited lots of used homes and toured new models. We even made an offer on a used home but couldn't come to an agreeable point. So now we are still watching used homes popping up and considering new home sites. There is a section in Tamarind Grove that has not yet been released for sale. We drove around and it appears to be almost ready and I found the lot divisions on Sumter County's Geographic Information System map. I am working with a Villages Sales rep but was wondering how one might find out when a new section will be released for sale?
Hi greggb,Didn't your agent tell you about Sanibel - the newest Village? Just opened on May 2nd. When we visited in March, we scouted out the lots we liked and hoped would be released and sent list to our agent. Mon morning at 9:30, he called to advise that they just released the new lots in the new Village and we bought over the phone within the hour. Have to be speedy as lots go very quickly. We wanted back privacy and those are the first to go.
Anyway, you can ask your agent about this area if it interests you. We liked the convenience to Colony shopping, Colony rec center (though we will have our own when complete), golf courses (but that of course is never an issue in TV). I just know there will be another "big box" shopping area on 466A as on 466 - signs are already out for commercial property availability. We like also that it's a new neighborhood with everyone in the same boat, though you do still have that at Tamarind Grove & St James and Buttonwood, for that matter. No matter where you go, it will be great. You must just pick what's best for you. Have you checked VillagesFSBO that has ads on this site for pre-owned?