View Single Post

Old 05-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Sage

When I visited TV for the first time last year in July 3 months before I turned 50, I was accompanying 2 over age 55 friends who were looking at pre-owned homes for sale. We attended several open houses conducted by TV sales reps. and MLS real estate agents. I asked both the TV sales reps. and the MLS real estate agents if a single person with no kids under 55 could buy in TV -- all agents said no problem, just realize no one under the age of 19 can live in your house (but visits of less than 30 days are fine for those under 19). Maybe things have changed since last summer for buyers under 55?

This July I'm renting in the Village of Chatham. I told the owner than I'm 50, will that be a problem? Not a problem for him. The other 2 owners I contacted about their rentals for July also told me that a renter aged 50 was not a problem for them either. If do reach a point before I turn 55 that I'm ready to open up the checkbook and buy in TV, I will have to see what happens. May have to stop coloring my hair...