View Single Post

Old 05-20-2011, 09:01 AM

After considering both sides of the situation and also the opinions/observations of the posters so far-I support 95% of what the big guy did.
Can't condone the physical touching- sticks/stones vs. words hurting me and all- but the foul-mouthed driver needed a lesson in decorum.

It's obvious that the foul-mouthed driver had no intention of demonstarting concern or providing assistance to a cart driver who might made a left at Albuquerque and unintentionally ended up on a roadway.

W/out getting all philosophical here, of all the available civilized behavior options, the foul-mouthed driver instead chose to rant at a fellow human being who was not causing any harm to anyone other than a slight inconvenience bc the cart was traveling slower than the car.

Such uncivilized behavior that goes unchallenged often continues. And there can be but generally not always a risk in challenging such behavior. If I was a big guy, I probably would not be too worried about retaliation by an obvious bully; I figure that my size and demeanor would deterrent enough.

I say to the big guy, thanks!! for challenging the behavior, but please keep hands off unless the situation truly warrants it. I wouldn't want the bad things happen to a good guy. To the driver, I say quit being a punk and a bully and start following jebartle's reminder about the Golden Rule.

As for me, I will continue to follow/observe the Golden Rule as does jebartle but I will also continue to challenge poor behavior in whatever appropriate but legal manner works for me.