View Single Post

Old 05-20-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SookeyJo View Post
Hi everyone! We are coming down next week for a 5 day Lifestyle Preview visit. We are curious to hear how others enjoyed their visit and what made your visit the deciding factor for you to move there. What things did you do while visiting? We are so excited about this upcoming visit!! Any advice or tips you can give us will be so appreciated. Thank you!
We didn't do the Lifesyle Preview, but we rented a villa for the month of January. We explored a lot in the golf car (get the villages map which shows the golf car paths). Also, take the trolley tour. Check out the town squares... they have shopping, restaurants, and nightly entertainment. If you like chocolate, there is a great chocolate shop in Lake Sumter landing. We went to a lot of open houses (they have several spec homes open every day).
The villages is a beautiful place. Everything is well maintained, the golf courses are so scenic, and the rec centers are decorated to the nines. We learned how to play shuffleboard, and bocce ball (they had lessons at one of the rec centers); played some bunco, went to exercise classes, played some golf. We loved it, and went back home and put our house on the market.

If you are looking for a realtor, I'd highly recommend Tami Griswold, a village realtor. Even though we weren't in a position to buy during our visit, she was so helpful and took a lot of time answering my zillion questions. We went to the model homes, too. We ended up buying a lot last week. She is really a geniunely nice person who will go out of her way to help you.

I know you will enjoy your visit. You will wish you could stay longer.
Good luck and have fun!!