View Single Post

Old 05-21-2011, 02:53 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrisp View Post
We are trying to decide between a CYV and a Cottage home. We have two dogs that weigh approx. 20 lbs each. The CYV seems to have that "closed in" feeling were as the Cottage feels open and more spacious for the money. Has anyone had experience with the invisible fence? How effective and safe is it? I know the dogs will have to be surpervised in both the CYV and Cottage. Your imput will be greatly appreciated. Anxious for our house to sell so we can get to TV very soon.
We too have two dogs, one big one, another about 12 lbs. They were used to a big, fenced in yard to run in.
We bought a designer home with a villa wall behind us and on one side. That gives us privacy without being boxed in.
We had an underground fence installed by Dogwatch and found it to be a very good investment. The dogs learned their boundries very quickly and now don't need their correcton collars when they are outdoors. The training that comes with Dogwatch is probably as valuable as the hardware. The trainer comes by and works with you and your dogs and it's extremely effective without being stressful to the dogs.
If you're wondering if the correction collars are painful, they aren't. Before I put them on our dogs I buckled them around my arm and walked through the correction area repeatedly. The correction is more of a tingle than a shock. It gets their attention but is not at all painful.
Still, you have to keep any eye on your dogs. We never let them out unsupervised. There are some pretty nasty creatures out there, both on the ground and flying above. This would apply whether you have an underground fence or a courtyard villa. You are your dogs' protector. Please stay with them at all times.