View Single Post

Old 05-22-2011, 10:57 AM
Veteran member
Default Stonecrest

Stonecrest is a very nice retirement community just north of The Villages. For now residents there CAN drive their golf carts to The Villages using a dirt path through back lots and fields. It's unclear how long that path will be available since it runs through very desirable commercial property that will probably be built on sooner or later. You CAN buy more home for your money at Stonecrest, just as you can in most other "typical" retirement communities in the area. What you will have are "typical" amenities such as a clubhouse, pool, shuffleboard & tennis courts, a restaurant, golf course, etc. Here is just a partial list of what is offered here in The Villages:

Number of Organized Clubs/Activities: 1,800

Number of Restaurants: 100

Town Squares: 2

Championship Courses: 9

Executive Courses: 29

Recreation Centers: 57

Recreation Swimming Pools: 65

When you purchase a home here you are buying a lifestyle unlike anything else in the world. You WILL pay a premium for that, up front. Go to Stonecrest first. You may fall in love with the "typical" amenities offered there. You can hope that the dirt path to The Villages will remain intact so that you can drive your golf cart over here to enjoy the shopping, restaurants and entertainment. Once you have seen what Stonecrest offers drive across the street to The Villages. Take a trolley tour, talk to those of us who can't imagine living anywhere else. You will see that this place is far from "typical" and that the lifestyle here is indescribable and unimaginable. I could go on and on but, even if I could I wouldn't be able to paint a beautiful-enough picture. Be sure to plan enough time to really get a feel for what is here. An hour or two will suffice at Stonecrest, to get the lay of the land, but it will take you several days to a week or more to see all that is here.