View Single Post

Old 05-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uujudy View Post
Yes, excellent answer, Villages!
Babspadget, you need to understand that The Villages isn't really all about the house... it's about the lifestyle.

One thing you might want to do is visit all the neighboring communities that advertise "Near The Villages!" or "Like The Villages!" or (I can't believe this one) "Better than The Villages!" While you're visiting the other communities notice how many people you see -- or rather, the people you don't see.

One of HoneyBoy's golf groups plays off-campus during the winter. He said that he rarely sees any residents at the other communities. It's as if they stay shut up inside their (bigger) homes all the time. You can do that where you are now. You don't need a bigger house here in The Villages, because believe me, you're never home! There's too much to do here, and not enough hours in a day to do everything you want to do... BUT you can't participate in the activities and classes at the recreation centers if you're not a Villages resident.

Go to http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/a...es/recnews.pdf to see what activities are available and compare it with the other communities you'll visit. Then you can decide what's right for you.
I love the name for your SO, or at least I think that is who you are referring to.