View Single Post

Old 05-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

We spent a day in Stonecrest in April and were impressed with the design and size of the homes. We even were momentarily interested in buying something there. But...............
Why did the salesperson keep talking about how you could get to TV by golf cart if Stonecrest was so good? Why would you not want to stay right there?
Why was there almost no one out and about in their yard, on their carts, on the golf course, in the pools on an 85 degree sunny Florida Saturday afternoon?
Why did their rec center look like a small town YMCA compared to the luxurious beauty of the TV regional rec centers?
And the biggest question of all: Would we have driven 1300 miles to spend time in and enjoy the fabulous lifestyle of ...... Stoncrest? (the answer is HELL NO!)
Now I did talk to several people who lived in Stonecrest, Spruce Creek, and Del Webb, who said they liked their choice. (Most people tend to defend and rationalize major decisions like that IMO). However, I surmized that they were people who liked quiet and solitude, and weren't all that gregarious. One even said his wife told him she would move to anyplace in Florida BUT the Villages, because it was so busy.
I can see no reason to compromise on the fabulous lifestyle afforded by The Villages just to get a bigger house. I don't spend that much time at the house when I'm in TV anyway. If you like the amenities of TV and like to be around the kind of people that enjoy that kind of energetic lifestyle, don't make a big mistake - there is a home waiting within your budget in TV.