View Single Post

Old 05-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Wow!!!!! Congratulations to you. You must be soooo excited...
Everyday there is something new to do. We got gigged on three items on our inspection. The biggest was finding radon, that was $875 to install a fan and exhaust pipe in the basement floor. Also having a new sheet metal drip pan made to replace the rusty pan on the inside A/C unit, that's $300 and $75 to replace a corroded pipe going into the water heater. All-in-all, it's about $1200 I didn't expect but could of been worse.

Fortunately the buyer has bought a great deal of our furniture but we still have a lot of stuff. Tomorrow I get an estimate from Mayflower, depending if it's too much I may go with a couple of ABF relo-cubes instead.

We've had yard sales the past two Saturdays, one was in a light rain, that was no fun. I hauled 350 record albums to a record store, scored $300 on that trip. We had a fellow bring over a 7'x10' trailer which we filled with junk and he hauled to the dump for $75. I may need him to make a second trip to the dump. I did have two wicker sofa's they didn't want but I managed to get them to a cosignment store, however it was $125 to have them moved.

Things are happening so fast it really doesn't have time to sink in, I did manage to get in a round of golf today. That's actually been hard to do since it never seems to stop raining anymore.