View Single Post

Old 05-23-2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
Can someone please give me some input. We are getting close to retirement and are seriously considering the Villages. The one problem I have tho is the fact that my husband is very concerned about summer in Florida. I find it quite funny that most Michiganders think nothing about staying inside 8 months of the year because of the cold but think that having to stay inside with the air is intolerable during a Florida summer.. How is summer in the Villages?? Do most people adapt or do the stereotypical humid, musty, moldy..etc etc ideas hold any merit. Thank you so much and I'm really, really hoping to join all of you soon!
There are a number of threads and posts about Florida summers. First, welcome to TOTV! Go to "search" on the menu bar just above the message block and type something like "summers in TV" or anything with summer in the search box. You should find some of the previous threads and posts about the summer heat. You'll find that folks on TOTV tell you like it is, so you can really get opinions from those who live there year round.

I can tell you, being from Alabama which gets hot too, that most residents in TV do things early in the mornings or later in the afternoons. I've been to the Alpena area in the summer, and it was HOT so I wouldn't worry about moving to TV. You'll love the lifestyle!! Don't think there is much to worry about "musty" or "moldy". Those are conditions not automatically caused by the heat or humidity. We have played golf mid-day in July at TV and it was a little tough. You adapt to the heat. With pools at every recreation center, you are just minutes away from a cool swim!! There always seems to be a breeze when we go to TV, which is usually May or October, but did go in June and July several times.

There are tons of indoor activities that you can do during the really hot days. I know you'll get some responses here, but go to "search" to read some of the previous posts. This is a great forum to learn just about everything you want to know about TV! All the best and again welcome to TOTV!