View Single Post

Old 05-24-2011, 05:03 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

AJ, great thread, keep the data coming. Do you have a built in voltage meter on your cart? Not the red/green gauge, but one that will take it to the 48.xx range. I can see where that might be of value. I would think that an LED or some type of low cost digital gauge should be available that could be dash mounted to provide constant voltage of your battery pack. I currently have an 02 CC with 6 8 volt batteries that when they get to the EOL I might try this conversion. I have both gas and electric carts. I would consider only electric "IF" I could get 50 plus miles to a charge, have an easy water refill system, maintain 20 + miles per hour, not drag down on hills, and prevent the corrosion on the garage floor. I believe all these can be accomplished with proper maintenance and attention. It's just already there with very little attention with gas. However there is value in not having to go to the gas station or have a gas can full and adding gas to the cart. There is advantage to the quiet of electric. I probably have a sniffer problem as the gas smell does not seem to be an issue for me. As I have always said, there are pro's and con's to each. You have done a great job of starting to eliminate a few of the electric con's.