View Single Post

Old 05-24-2011, 01:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
I find the summer temp. hot but you do get used to it. Mornings and evenings are good. As for mid day head to the pool, the movies, the stores or get ready to sweat a little. As for humidity having come from Long Island I don' find it that bad. But no matter how bad it gets the lifestyle and people are great and make up for it.Hurry down

Trish:

to TOTV. I see this is your first post.

I am a wannabee originally from New York. Take this with a large dose of salt.

I'm sure some people would be affected more by the heat but it seems like mornings and evenings are the best times to do some activities. The heat does not affect me as I have been in TV and Disney World when it was hot.

A friend of mine had asked me a while back,"How could you move to Florida when it's so hot in the summer"? I replied, "what's the difference if you have to stay inside during the winter to avoid freezing or spend some time inside in A/C when it's too hot".

I remember a couple of summers in New York when it reached 100 degrees with a 100% humidity. It was intolerable unless one stayed in A/C.

IMH) - I wouldn't let some days being too hot discourage me from moving to TV as oppossed to dealing with the winter months. Winters stink.

You will love the friendly people you meet.