View Single Post

Old 05-24-2011, 04:37 PM

As AJ indicated I did buy a Datel Digital Volt Guage for my cart. My cart and batteries are 4 years old, T875's. I have only had the cart 8 months and am not familiar with an electric cart so I began researching the issue. As AJ has indicated it's important not to drain your pack voltage completely down or you will shorten the life of your battery pack severly. Trojan on their web page has a chart, and I believe AJ has published that on this forum, which shows how much charge you have used after you stop and let the pack rest a few minutes.

My cart only had a yellow light on the dash so it was impossible to tell where I was on pack charge till it was too late. The digital guage I installed shows exactly where you are all the time. It takes a pack voltage reading twice every second. I still have a lot to learn about what the readings mean as I'm driving but when I stop I can see the pack volts remaining immediately and as it sets, you can watch the voltage rise.

It's a simple install either directly to the batteries our through the ignition switch.

I tried to post a picture of it but haven't figured out how to do that. If you want to know where I purchased it, send me a PM.