View Single Post

Old 05-25-2011, 09:12 AM
Gold member
Default MLB Baseball package

Probably you could watch them at a Beef O'Brady's, but have not checked. Call and ask if they have MLB package and also Fox Sports Ohio (Cincinnati), or just make sure they can show Reds games. I think if they have the MLB package they can get most teams, although there are some blackouts, I think.

We got Directv last fall, with an added Sports package (12.99/mo - I think - after the initial few months at 5.99 or something like that). Our Sports package has STO (Sports Time Ohio) for the Indians and Fox Sports Ohio (FSO) for the Reds.

We thought that would do it, because in Ohio we have those channels and don't have to get the MLB package.

Well, they block the games out in Florida (except for the teaser first 10 days of the season), have to purchase the MLB package. There are also some other things on the Sports package, and interestingly enough, we get the pre and post game stuff on STO for the Indians, but not on FSO. No idea why.

Since we are still snowbirds we didn't get MLB but if we end up spending most of the summers in Florida, we will. It's not nearly as much as the NFL Ticket.