View Single Post

Old 05-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Default Home buying questions

Hi! My wife and I, after making an impromptu stop at the The Villages last summer (3 short days) fell in love with it. We decided that this was the place we wanted to live and put our home in Colorado up for sale. Fortunately a cash buyer appeared out of nowhere and we, much to our surprise, were able to sell our house during the winter months (hurray). Consequently, we made reservations this June for a 7 day Villages Lifestyle visit. Though buying a house during this short time span is not a necessity, we would, candidly, be very disappointed if we did not find a home to purchase. We are determined to downsize and feel that courtyard villa would fit our needs perfectly. We have a Villages real estate agent and will depend on him to show us all the pre-owned and newly constructed CYV’s available within our price range, however we really do want to explore all our options, which could include viewing a foreclosure or pre-foreclosure property. (Good idea?) I have done some research but would value a "Villager's" input. Has anyone had a positive experience with such a (foreclosure) sale? Does anyone know the approxiamte timeline for a closing if you are a cash buyer? What might be major league ballpark figure (percentage) we should be looking to save off of the market value of the home? Any other suggestions or recommendations regarding our upcoming Lifestyles visit? Thanks!