View Single Post

Old 05-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Default Short Sales & Foreclosures

I would strongly suggest staying away from either. I was involved with a shortsale last year, listed thru The Villages pre-owned department that turned out to be a nightmare. The lender was out of state. Had to go thru the bidding process and then at the last minute the lender requested additional paperwork and funds from the seller. I walked away at the end of 90 days. The foreclosure I tried to purchase after the shortsale mess was never able to get closed. The lender was GMAC from Colorado. The price was agreed upon but the local non-Villages agent was never able to get the closing package. I walked away after waiting 60 days to close. I ended up buying property from a non-Villages agent. There are many ways of buying property other than thru The Villages Sales Dept. I suggest checking the paper for non-Village listings and property for sale by owner. The Villages Sales Dept will have a greater inventory to choose from but the prices will probably be higher too. At least you can negotiate with pre-owned property as opposed to paying the asking price on new property thru The Villages. Good luck on your house hunting...