View Single Post

Old 05-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Veteran member

Right now I think that the evidence just heard today from Casey's brother's fiance, along with that from Casey's former boyfriends/friends about how caring, involved (teaching Caylee things, reading to her, etc), and loving she was as a mother, is going save her from murder 1. No matter what else the evidence is, I would never believe that an obviously loving mother (or father) IN HER RIGHT MIND would/could premeditatedly plan and research how to kill her child.

I think it is also important that the brother's fiance tearfully testified very strongly as to how good, kind, and loving a mother Casey was, and how well she took care of Caylee, despite the defense claiming that the brother had sexually abused Casey - in other words, the brother's fiance would have no reason to want to testify favorably about Casey as a mother unless it was the truth.

To me, all the evidence of Casey's acting so normally (and partying, shopping, etc) after the death of Caylee (who she had clearly loved), plus the evidence of her, as an obviously loving mother, allowing Caylee to sleep in bed with her and her casual boyfriend (something that any normally raised young woman would, I believe, see as an absolute taboo and would never do) is evidence that she had probably been sexually/emotionally (perhaps also physically) abused, and had learned to deal with bad things by repressing/denial behavior. I feel sure that the defense will call experts to this effect.

All of this is totally different than how I felt before the trial started, when I felt that the duct tape would be insurmountable.

It all remains to be seen.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.