View Single Post

Old 05-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeda View Post
Right now I think that the evidence just heard today from Casey's brother's fiance, along with that from Casey's former boyfriends/friends about how caring, involved (teaching Caylee things, reading to her, etc), and loving she was as a mother, is going save her from murder 1. No matter what else the evidence is, I would never believe that an obviously loving mother (or father) IN HER RIGHT MIND would/could premeditatedly plan and research how to kill her child.

I think it is also important that the brother's fiance tearfully testified very strongly as to how good, kind, and loving a mother Casey was, and how well she took care of Caylee, despite the defense claiming that the brother had sexually abused Casey - in other words, the brother's fiance would have no reason to want to testify favorably about Casey as a mother unless it was the truth.

To me, all the evidence of Casey's acting so normally (and partying, shopping, etc) after the death of Caylee (who she had clearly loved), plus the evidence of her, as an obviously loving mother, allowing Caylee to sleep in bed with her and her casual boyfriend (something that any normally raised young woman would, I believe, see as an absolute taboo and would never do) is evidence that she had probably been sexually/emotionally (perhaps also physically) abused, and had learned to deal with bad things by repressing/denial behavior. I feel sure that the defense will call experts to this effect.

All of this is totally different than how I felt before the trial started, when I felt that the duct tape would be insurmountable.

It all remains to be seen.
Your arguments are reasonable and well presented counselor. You may be right.

I think it is possible that Casey Anthony is a true sociopath; able to appear normal, yet having no concience or ability to feel deep emotional attachments. She also appears very narcissistic, another symptom of sociopathy. She appeared not to hesitate to use her friends checks and didn't appear to feel bad about that. I think that this malady is not developed but inate and she has probably evidenced symptoms all of her life, thus Cindy Anthony's frustration with trying to talk to her or direct her and their very bad relationship.

I would like to know who Caylee's father is. I wonder if that is going to be the "bombshell" evidence.