Thread: Sanibel
View Single Post

Old 05-28-2011, 12:32 AM
Veteran member
Default Driving thru construction zones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricthemic View Post
PZJAY, Can you drive through this area by golf cart? I heard from someone the signs won't allow it yet? thanks r
I was told...Walking or driving a motor vehicle or a golf car is NOT permitted unless you are accompanied by a sales agent ....who has PROOF they are a SALES AGENT.
Went through there today about 6ish....A pickup truck behind me gave out a "WHOOP-WHOOP-WHOOP" sound. In my rearview mirror, I could see flashing lights at the top of their windshield...INSIDE THEIR VEHICLE. Needless to say....I pulled over. The ( armed and fully uniformed ) officer explained that it COULD be considered a FELONY to even enter a construction zone in Florida. The very nice officer, after perusing my drivers license...registration..and insurance..had a "lookee-see" at what I had INSIDE my vehicle-----being satisfied that I had no ill intent let me go on my way. Dang it---I thought Sumpter County would at least have enough money to put Police decals on their vehicles. Do you suppose they are short of funds....that vehicle had NO markings at all. Must be that the officer decided that an OLDish looking VILLAGER... in a vehicle registered to a Villages address..AND ..containing no burglery tools ... nor any items that could be considered as suspect....WELL ...he must have figured I just could not read the signs that clearly stated---"Authorized Vehicles Only" ---because it would be obvious to anyone else that this was a construction area.

Last edited by mrfixit; 05-28-2011 at 12:54 AM. Reason: speelink poleeeses gots me skeered