View Single Post

Old 05-28-2011, 05:40 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
What kind of message would it send about The Villages to the rest of Florida or the country if protesters were in the Governor's face at a signing ceremony all yelling? Most signing ceremonies are held in private anyhow.

Some are just upset because they were asked to go across the street with their signs. A ceremony is not a place for protesting.

No, Talk Host, you are wrong. Have you ever been to Lake Sumter Landing to see what the area is like? It is an open town square with plenty of seating for those who want to enjoy music or a ceremony. Across the street is about a 100 foot distance.

Feel free to discuss the matter when you have seen what the situation actually involved.
I am fully aware of what Lake Sumter Landing looks like. I suspect I was there before you were.

If the governor can't stand the heat of protesters, he shouldn't be in politics. Signings are truly "usually" held in private, but not on private property in order to exclude opposition. He deliberately picked "The Villages' knowing that he could suppress any opposition.

Are you telling me that you personally witnessed protesters "in the governors face all yelling?'' I doubt that happened, but you are to be commended for putting your false spin on it to bolster your otherwise hollow position.

Sounds to me just like the way it was in the former Soviet Union or China today. "Round up the protesters."

Oh, and what would the rest of the country think? They would think "hey, that's The United States of America."