View Single Post

Old 05-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl View Post
What's preposterous to me is to believe that a former law enforcement officer (George Anthony) would try to turn a tragic accident into a kidnapping/murder to redirect blame. He would have to know that all family members would be investigated and probably would not have been stupid enough to use duct tape and other evidence from his own home. But even if that happened, common sense says that they would have reported Caylee missing right away and would have put forth a very public effort in trying to find her...IMHO, that 31-day period of absolutely no effort being made to locate her completely negates Baez's tall tale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl View Post
I disagree. All the searches for chloroform, how to make chloroform, household "weapons", etc. discovered on Casey's computer certainly sounds like premeditation to me. Also, placing duct tape over the child's mouth could have been just a really stupid thing to do (resulting in the child perhaps aspirating her own vomit, an accidental death), but duct tape over both mouth and nose would be premeditated murder.

What I don't understand is how any rational person could believe Baez's convoluted yarn. Why would anyone put duct tape over the nose and mouth of a dead (drowned) child?
Since I'm currently out of the US, we're getting minimal Trial coverage here. I really appreciate Freeda's detailed information and analysis of the proceedings.

Still, I find myself agreeing with CaliforniaGirl's two posts above. As a seasoned police officer, would George have put duct tape on a dead child with hearts drawn on it? The one thing that is completely clear to me is that the Anthonys were a terribly disfunctional family. Poor little innocent Caylee.