View Single Post

Old 05-29-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandj View Post
I respectfully disagree. The villa we purchased had the screens replaced with knee walls and glass. That room is going to be my office once I/we finally get down there. Hubby is retiring but I will still be working. I do have the luxury of being able to telecommute and enjoy having an office with 2 walls of windows like we have in our NH home.

We did look at some other homes that had closed in their lanai, but there were other things about the villas that we didn't like. Besides, you can't just look at all changes in terms of perceived resale value. Not everyone likes the same things.
We may be talking apples and oranges here. It sounds from your post as if you will have an enclosed lanai with windows that you will use as an office. That means that if you ever sell, the potential buyers will still have a lanai that can be used as a lanai. The CYV I'm talking about enclosed the lanai with drywall, added windows and it looks as if laminate flooring was added-that is this lanai was turned into a room and it doesn't look as if any outdoor space such as a birdcage was added. If someone wants to do this that is their business but personally I would at least consider resale value before deciding to make changes. I can't say with certainity that this is the reason this CYV has not sold but one does wonder.