View Single Post

Old 05-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Sage
Smile Been there, done that....too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We listed the house last week and got the call and the follow up email that our house was to be shown between 11:30 and 1:00 today. We started Friday with a meticulous cleaning on top of all of the cleaning we had done. But we put a shine on everything again and ran the sweeper again on the close to 3500 square feet of carpeting. I washed and rewaxed all of the hardwood floors and we had put harnesses and leashes on the kitties. And anyone who had cats can tell you that the last thing you do if cats own you and you are having company is that you damp sponge and vacuum all upholstered surfaces ...which I did this morning. I shined the granite, lit all of the lights. Turned the air condition on full blast, we are having a 90 degree day here in Cincinnati. AND as a final staging touch, I left some iced tea in my favorite pitcher on the screen porch.

Helene had captured the kitties in a smaller room and I turned on the air in the car and carried the protesting kitties to the cage inside and we pulled into the next door neighbors drive.

And waited to see who would look at our house. The roses are blooming..check. The bare spaces in the grass had been seeded and are filling in nicely, check. The bushes are all trimmed, check, I oiled the wrought iron gazebo so it shined, check. We waited and waited some more. The cats are madder than ...cats should be, and one of them had an upset stomach in the closed car in the heat...........even with the air on. We have all four litter boxes in the van too. WHAT fun. We continue to wait.

Guess what? No one came.
Having done this routine far too many times, I would recommend loading the kitties and family into the minivan and heading to TV now, while the place is spotless and sparkling!