View Single Post

Old 05-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
Freeda, looks like you and I have many of the same thoughts.

One of the biggest questions I have is concerning the defense's request for a mistrial based on the prosecution's attempt to show lack of remorse. Judge Perry denied the motion and said that they were right if that is what the prosecution was doing, but that they were just trying to show her lack of conscience. Many of the media talking about the trial have pointed out in some of their statements that the prosecution is trying to show the jury her lack of remorse and have said nothing about conscience.

Questions: If seasoned reporters (some of which are/have been lawyers themselves) are interpreting the prosecution's line of questioning as showing remorse, how is a jury made up of lay people not going to think the same thing? Will the judge explain to them the difference and tell them that they cannot consider any of the testimony in this phase of the trial as lack of remorse? If not, will they know the difference? The jury was not present for his explanation when he denied the motion.

I have watched this every day so far and there are so many inconsistencies (for lack of a better word), it is unreal....such as:

George testified on the first day he was on the stand that on the 16th of June, supposedly the last day he saw Caylee, he asked Caylee where she was going and she said, "Zanny's".

Question: If Zanny is a figment of Casey's imagination, where did that come from?

Question: Why has no one asked any of those testifying if they had ever heard Caylee talk about Zanny? My kids talked constantly about their sitter.

Question: If George was familiar with the smell and police procedures, why didn't he call the police?

He testified that he drove the car home and then went to work.

Everytime Baez asked him if the smell was stronger when he opened the trunk than it was when he first opened the driver's door, he kept saying that all he saw in the trunk was a bag of garbage. About the 4th time, Baez told him that he didn't ask what he saw but that he had asked if the smell was stronger. George finally said, "No", chewing Baez's out at the same time for continuing to ask him, and once again added that he had already told him four times that all he saw was a bag of garbage.

Question: How could Cindy recall first and last names so well of supposed friends of Casey's after being told only one time who they were but couldn't recall some exact events? Many of these names were in her testimony about the supposed trip to Tampa and Zanny's car wreck. Many of us have problems relating names (especially first and last of people we have personally met, sometimes on numerous occasions). Much too detailed to be very credible.

Cindy seems to call all the shots in the family and Casey is about the only one that would ever cross her. The man at the tow lot testified as to how much George kept apologizing to him for Cindy's beratings.

Question: Why didn't George just tell her to back off?

George was asked about when he was told Casey was pregnant. They asked him about who the father was. His reply was, "I don't know...I didn't ask." Whaat? Most fathers I know would not simply ask, they would demand to know. My guess is (and it is just a guess) that Cindy was in control there, too.

I don't buy their story of drowning and a cover up as presented, yet. I have thought all along that she probably drowned or accidentally died some other way...not premeditated murder, at least not from what I've heard so far. As for the "secret", Lee alluded to family secrets at Caylee's eulogy that he delivered, which apparently didn't raise any flags then.

One big mystery to me is how she has been sitting in jail all this time and not broken. When she reacts (and it's been this way all along), she faking it or guilty. When she has had no reaction, she's hard or cold or totally uncaring.

It was kinda funny when the prosecution was trying to get some AOL IM's in to show motive, the judge said that if motive was what they were after it looked to him like she should have been planning to kill her parents. It quickly told them to forget that he'd said that. It was apparently his attempt a leveity. (He didn't allow the transcripts.)

There's been so much talk about Baez's inexperience, but why have so many "seasoned" lawyers not had him plead her out to a lesser charge and moved on? That tells me that there is lots more to this story. They surely haven't stuck around for the money...especially with her defense now on state money.

These are only a small sampling of my questions/observations. Reminds me of a big ball of tangled string. It is so hard to understand how one family can seemingly be so dysfunctional.

At this point, there are far more questions than answers. There is still lots more to come. Unfortunately, the absolute truth will probably never be known.
Excellent Dilly who. You really have thought about this. I thought it inappropriate too when the judge made that comment that if that was her motive, she didn't kill her parents, or words to that effect.

I think that I heard or read that "Zanny" may have been her slang word for Xanex. She may have given Xanex to Caylee to make her sleep so she could leave and go to clubs.

I am repeating hearsay, and can't even say where I heard that.

I am shocked by the "in your face" attitude of Cindy that I have seen many times and by George's barely controlled anger, evident to me in many situations that I have seen in the last three years. Remember when George went off supposedly to kill himself? There must be some mental illness not diagnosed in that family. They don't seem normal at all to me.

I just cannot see how Casey doesn't react when she sees the tapes of her very appealing little girl shown in the courtroom. If it were me and my daughter was dead and I saw those adorable films I would be absolutely inconsolable, as would most people.