View Single Post

Old 05-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I have my litter box in the bathtub. Actually, got rid of the litter box and now use a medium storage bin. Easy to clean and the cats love it (and no sand spill).

As has been said, once a cat quits using the box and urinates elsewhere, it is hard to break tha habit so long as that spot is available. If it were me, I'd move the box to a non-carpeted area, get all the urine smell out of the carpet if possible, close up that room so the cat can't reuse it.

If you changed kitty litter, try to go back to your old litter. Cats really don't like change. It may be anxiety over the move, it may be a statement about the litter or even the location of the box, it may be his way of making this his home, it may be a bladder or kidney infection. A check at the vet's office might be worthwhile, especiallly if his feed is off or is drinking more water than usual.

Good luck! I know how hard it is to break a cat of using the carpet. Actually ended up ripping out all carpet in California because the cat refused to use the box after a bladder infection. Didn't matter where I moved the box, he'd find a spot of carpet to use. Once there was no carpeting, no problem, the box was just fine TYVM.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein