View Single Post

Old 05-31-2011, 08:51 AM
Default Listen to your body

When I had chemo for almost a year, ending with high dose for 96 hrs, there were anti-nausea meds included in IV which were quite effective for me (I realize that that may not be the case for her). I also learned to listen to my body and it told me I wanted a coffee milkshake after every session, which my husband always got for me. Sometimes I craved a hotdog with michigan sauce (which was not my norm) and we would drive 30 miles for my favorite kind. After the high dose chemo and stem cell transplant my first meal (craving) was a pancake with coffee ice cream! When recouperating, dill pickles were a 'must have' and my nutritionist said my body needed what was in dill pickles. Each body is different but it may be telling her what she needs and she should go for it. For some reason, odd things help out.

My heart goes out to your daughter and the whole family - it isn't easy going through that but hopefully her 'will to live' will prevail and she will get through this. She will be in my prayers.