View Single Post

Old 06-01-2011, 08:16 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default some more....

While You Were Sleeping (Sandra Bullock), cute love story, funny situations, comedy. My family loves to emulate the conversation at the dinner table with everyone talking and no one can keep up!!!

A Walk in the Clouds (Keano Reaves), Beautiful love story, beautiful scenery. Takes place post WW2 and in the California Wine Country. Includes a traditional Hispanic wealthy family who own a vineyard and the adjustment of the father to growing and not being in control. Be careful with this one....there are what I consider to be too explicit love scenes....but you can always fast forward!

Maverick (the latest one) Rollicking good fun. I grew up on this show. Fun to see James Garner in it who was the original Maverick and Mel Gibson and Jodie Foster are fun too.

The End of the Spear Great Christian movie about James Elliot and how he was killed by Amazon tribesmen and then the adjustment of his son and conversion of the tribesmen.

City Slickers, Pride and Prejudice. Yep, I like chick flicks for the most part.

Seabiscuit, Remember the Titans, The Blind Side, The Matrix, Pirates of the Carribean.

There is a little known movie called... Return to Me that is an absolute hoot with David Duchovny, Minnie Driver, Carroll O'Connor, Robert Loggia, David Allan Greer, Bonnie Hunt and James Belushi. Very improprobable story but such great great actors/scenes in it. The old farts in the movie really steal the show and so does James Belushi....funny funny!

Also The Man in the Iron Mask and the Count of Monte Cristo. There are many more but these are the first I thought of.