View Single Post

Old 06-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Default Thank You all for your response

Wow...each of you lists some great movies! I guess asking what your favorite movie is...is like asking "Whats your favorite song"? Geeeze...there are only a thousand or more !!! But Yes, this could be a fun thread, so I thought I would expand on a few more movies that I really liked.

I'am a big Tom Hanks Fan so...I'll start there.

"The Green Mile" tops the list. Certainly fiction, but somehow very believable. EXCELLENT FILM !!!

"Forest Gump" of course. The way the producers and editors placed "Forest" in scenes of past historic events really amazed me! Only downside...they may have drawn it out a little too long.

"Road to Perdition" Another film based in the 30's and also starring Paul Newman. I believe this was Newman's last film.

I like all the "Indiana Jones" adventures. I even have a hat just like his !

War Movies...well... and here is Tom Hanks again...."Saving Private Ryan" is high on my list. Maybe a little "HollyWoody" but excellent film none the less.

"Memphis Belle" is also up there. The saga of a B-17 bomber crew, in WW II on it's last mission. An edge of the seat thriller with a happy outcome.

Not really a war movie (well, maybe the "Cold War") but considering my interst an involvement with aviation a space technology I would consider "The Right Stuff" very high on my list and finally "Apollo 13" (yep, Tom Hanks again with other very notables).

Well, Enough for now.
Lets here somemore from you.
Dave