View Single Post

Old 06-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

We had planned to purchase a new Woodlawn (concrete 2 BR CYV) on our LSV next week. The new homes site listed five available and I asked my salesman and if anymore were coming up soon. He said no, those five in Southern Star Villas in Tamarind Grove are the last, it will now be called the Durham and cost about 4% more.

He said there is already one Durham listed for $187,000 on a corner lot. If you consider that's about a $10,000 premium lot, then that means the regular price will be about $177,000. That's just about 4% more than the current price which is usually about $169,000.

Fortunately for us and anyone else interested, they had reduced four of the Woodlawns to between $162,000 - $165,000. Then last Thursday when I was looking at the site, the price on one dropped to $156,995 while I was refreshing my page. My salesman went over that night and took pictures inside the unit and emailed them us that night and we purchased the home over the telephone the next day.

I don't feel like were totally in the blind, since we've been through the Woodlawn model, we've seen the online tour many times, we've seen photos of the actual unit and we've driven through Southern Star Villas on our visit last April. So now we have closing July 5th and will become Villagers.