View Single Post

Old 06-02-2011, 08:06 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_foye View Post
I do enjoy the food, the problem I have had there is waiting. It seems the owner or manager doesnt have enough help behind the counter making the food. This past Sunday I went in around 9 am and was the only one in line. Ordered 2 bagels with cream cheese. Bagels were put in the toaster then wham! Customers started coming in. So the bagels sat in the toaster while the only person there took order after order until 5 or 6 were backed up. Then about 15 minutes later I got my bagels. The times Ive been there for lunch it seems about the same. Like I said, I like the food but the service does suck.
We have had the same experience. I've owned a small business. If you are the least bit competent, things always run better if you are "hand's on" during the operation. It's called quality control.
I have often wondered why anyone would go to the effort and investment to set up a business and then not participate further. Getting it up and running is only the beginning. The commitment to quality must be there, especially in the service industry.
A little effort is certainly cheaper than dealing with the residue after it's gone down the tubes.