View Single Post

Old 06-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PylutDood View Post
- - - - - - - -

Another excellent film has come to mind. Surely you must remember "Somewhere in Time", with Christopher Reeves and Jane Seymour? Very good film set in my favorite time period of the 20's.

A very interesting story line and I loved the music to that one as well.
Uh oh......

Now you've gone and done it, PylutDood. You made me cry. You made me go to my iPod and punch up Rachmaninov so I could listen to that music from Somewhere in Time. And sure enough -- gets me every time....(sniffle, sniff, HONK)

I was going to try to find it and link it here and just DARE anybody to listen to it and NOT cry. (Well......guess I would have to just dare the girls maybe. The guys might not admit it anyway.)

But I must get out of here now so I did not look for a link.

But I gotta tellya, if there is a girl out there who can listen to that Rachmaninov theme and not cry......welllllll then I have another song that such a "Hard-Hearted Hannah" just might need to track down. That song is not from a movie. It is a country song by Confederate Railroad. The title is "She Never Cried When Old Yeller Died." That song says a lot. Tells a story like most of those great country songs do.

But I digress. And I have GOT to get out of this thread. Maybe the third time is a charm.

Maybe.

Boomer