View Single Post

Old 06-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Default Low Country Boils, the ULTIMATE...

...Dinnner PARTY !!! WOOOOHOOOO !!! Ever done one ???

Actually more a Social Event and a party, than just...dinner. It's a great way to feed a LOT of people a LOT of REALLY GOOD food and have a really good time without spending HOURS in the kitchen and fortune too!

Throw in some Ice cold "Bottles of Bubbley" (Wine, Beer, Whatever) or some good ole' Southern Sweet Iced Tea, a few loaves of French Bread and a few bottles of hot sauce and MAN...we're eatin' good tonight!

Here's how you do it.
First you need something like a Turkey fryer than runs on LP gas. Then a BIG bucket (ok...pot) with a strainer basket. Some Zatarains Cajun Crab and Shrimp boil spice mix, for starters. Then...the rest is up to you!

Start with whole red potatoes, corn on the cob (usually broken in half or thirds), peeled onions, or anykind of sturdy veggie your heart desires.

Then comes the best part. Shrimp, Sausage (something like the large Kelbasa) Muscles. (in the shell), Clams, Scollops, Lobster tails, Crawfish...I think you get the idea.

When its all cooked up just cover a large table with old newspapers and dump it all out on the table and everybody "DIGS IN" !!! Fingers only!!!

A few bottles of butter (squeezeable kind), some dipping sauces, salt and pepper, and a LOT of paper towels and it's quite an affair for the next hour or two. If you go home hungry it's YOUR fault!

You dont have to use everything I listed in one pot. Mix and match. Come up with your own variations.

It sure is fun and a great way to spend an evening...Socializing with the neighbors!

If you would like some tips on how to "Stage" the ingredients for best results
just let me know.

Try it some time...for a REALLY FUN time!

Dave