View Single Post

Old 06-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
Unlike Susan Smith, even after 3 years, they have never been able to break her. Why? How has she managed to keep her mouth shut, lawyer or no lawyer. Most people, when pushed or angered enough, will finally blurt out what they did or something. Not her.

How can they apply the death penalty if they cannot conclusively determine the cause of death? The ME stated in her press conference that she could not determine the cause of death. That being the case, when was the duct tape wrapped around the head -- before or after death? Couldn't the defense claim that it was all part of the "cover-up story" in case the body was found when Casey was claiming a kidnapping (her original story before it started to unravel) so it could be blamed on the "kidnapper"?

Like Freeda says, there is still room for doubt. Some of the analysts pointed out that in one of the jail tapes played in court today, George and Casey both talked about Caylee in the past tense. Does it mean anything? They kinda gave it a maybe yes, maybe no. I noticed also, that at one time on the tape before they knew why Casey left the conversation abruptly, Cindy told George to "get over here and sit down". He was apparently trying to find out where she went and why. (Casey had to be led out anytime another inmate was brought into the area where Casey was on the jail phone and was then brought back when they were gone.) I still think Cindy was/is very controlling.

What a mess!
You are right, WHAT A MESS and so incomprehensible to most of us. It seems that Casey's pathology, her obvious inability to be normal and not lie, her probable sociopathy would have been a better defense, but unfortunately conditions like that are hard to prove, and to the lay person appear as severe character flaws. I have no compassion for Casey, nor any understanding either. I am baffled. It must be awful to BE her.