View Single Post

Old 06-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

With my occasional reading here on TOTV by residents complaining about overcrowding at pools, restaurants, health clubs or wherever, why should the situation be exasperated by opening the doors of access to the greater area around TV to that which most of us (if not all) currently pay $1620.00 annually to have and and have maintained. IMHO TV has it right when it comes to drawing the line on over-extension or over-saturation of resources, which is a whole lot more than I can say for the federal government's spending habit!

On the other hand, is there no room for extending the possibilities when it is for the benefit of some who pay those very fees? Are there not options possible that have not yet been mentioned, or at least I haven't read them yet, that wouldn't make any substantial expansion of the operational expenses? For example, providing for a guest pass for a fee to cover administration costs that has similar restrictions as imposed on children... 30 days max per year! The system for that is already in place and would only need a second class for the pass with the only real difference being the fee involved.

Another is for the aforementioned 30 day pass to be available only during the summer season where the locals could play when the snow birds are away... in a limited way of course. This could benefit some "resident only access" local businesses that have a slump in receipts during the off season. I'm sure that others could come up with even more feasible ideas!

Now some residents could have a cold no-way Jose attitude toward any tri-county outsider access ideas while others have an anything should go mindset that dismisses any expense by or sense of fairness to other residents. But like the old "the truth lies somewhere in between" adage about statements of conflicting opinion, there must be a "somewhere in-between solution" that can be fair and reasonable without catering to the whims of any extreme ideas or positions. After all, isn't it every amenity fee payers quality of lifestyle that's important?
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"