View Single Post

Old 06-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
It's amazing how some people are sooooooo consumed by politics. Every question has a political answer. It would be a sad day for me to make a decision on where to live based on how many Democrats and how many Republicans live there.

I have a dear friend that I've know for 45 years. He is my daughters Godfather, we've vacationed together, we've traveled abroad together, we visit each others homes regularly. I have absolutely no idea whether he's a Republican or a Democrat and I don't care.
I couldn't agree more. I had thought of responding to Tbug's post, but decided against it. I personally would NEVER give politics a consideration in the process of finding a place to retire. Now that we've lived here for a few years, it is still NOT an issue. My good friend and next door neighbor is about as far right as I am left of center and - who cares!

We began looking at The Villages 15 years before we were ready to make the move, so I guess you can say that we gave it a great deal of thought. It is, by far, one of THE BEST decisions we've ever made.

Before selecting a location within The Villages, I would spend a few weeks/months in a rental or just exploring before I made that decision. We live in the far north end of The Villages and couldn't possibly be more pleased.

Talk Host, what train?

Xavier