View Single Post

Old 06-04-2011, 06:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

It is sad that one Lifestyle Visit cannot show all the ins and outs of TV. It makes me feel bad when people move here expecting to be happy and find that the CDD form of government is not quite the democratic way that things were run in the old neighborhood, and that the predominant political climate and preference towards certain speakers and non hospitality toward others by the owners of the development corporation is not what they feel comfortable with.

I personally am o.k. with it. I have given the changing of the world and the details of it to others. I am used to a Republican paper growing up in Ohio. I think that the plan that we have and the way things are here are fine. I have lived with deed restrictions for the last 40 years. It is what it is....and although not perfect, it feels just right for the G's.

I just wish that someone would write a book and say that the final say goes to the developers. That the paper is not one to publish much that would cast a bad light on the community. That you can't park your boat or camper on your property for more than 24 hours and have a family of gnomes in the front yard. You can't put a for sale sign in your yard south of 466 and you can't hear a prominent Democrat speaking at the square.

I suggest to all of you who have not moved here to get a copy of the deed restrictions and read every post on TOTV, because me, Grace Helene, I want you to be happy here.

I really do.