View Single Post

Old 06-04-2011, 07:33 AM
Location: Endwell (NY), Cherry Hill (NJ), Naperville (IL), Philadelphia (PA), Tamarind Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
Larry, your assertion that the Board is mainly people who cheer lead for the Villages gave me pause for consideration. It does appear that most folks on the Board love The Villages but in my experience out and about in TV they would be representative of most residents here. Total strangers in the square, shops, restaurants will strike up a conversation and inevitably exclaim about how they love it here. Is it everyone? No. But certainly most.
Hi JoJo: I'd have to agree with you. I think most of the TOTV posters are enthusiastic about what The Villages has to offer and TOTV played a major role in helping me make the decision to move here by patiently answering my myriad of questions. But, for someone considering a move to The Villages, it might be helpful to start a thread called 'Villages - not for me'. The reasons for loving The Villages are pretty obvious, the reasons for not loving it maybe not so much. No place is perfect - one person's annoyance may be another person's deal breaker. It would be good to share those opinions to help potential residents make a more informed choice.