View Single Post

Old 06-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Charging a high enough fee to open limited access to tri-county residents might cover the costs, but wouldn't doesn't solve the problem of overcrowding. It would make the problem worse.

If buying in a community "near the Villages" entitled me to everything TV had to offer, strictly on a pay-as-you-go basis, that would be a great deal for me-- and a raw deal for Villagers who pay the home bond, monthly amenities fee and annual maintenance but faced more overcrowding and reduced use of the facilities they pay for.

The fact that TV is not overcrowded in the summer is great for Villagers. Reduced access to our amenities in the summer too is not something I'm praying for.
You nailed it, PT.

I believe the developer planned the community so rec facilities, especially golf and pools, would support the community. I am not sure how delicate the balance may be, but if the rules were changed to allow unlimited guests I am betting we would not be happy with the results.

I, for one, read and understood the rules prior to buying. Those same rules are one of the reasons I found The Villages attractive. I sincerely hope they do not start chipping away at them by making exceptions. I have seen it happen in other communities with poorly managed HOA's. The results were not pretty.