View Single Post

Old 06-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor111947 View Post
For someone considering a move to The Villages, it might be helpful to start a thread called 'Villages - not for me'. The reasons for loving The Villages are pretty obvious, the reasons for not loving it maybe not so much. No place is perfect - one person's annoyance may be another person's deal breaker. It would be good to share those opinions to help potential residents make a more informed choice.
I know at least ten couples that have decided to sell and leave The Villages. Most have been neighbours or people I've met at the dog park. None of them post here. Reasons for leaving? Varied. Some want a large acreage and more privacy. A few want to be close to the ocean. A lot of people want to be close to their kids and grandchildren again, once the "thrill" of TV wears off. Some find it too expensive or too busy.

I find TV perfect as a winter home. I know that many people love it year round. I don't think I could move away from friends and family permanently.