View Single Post

Old 06-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Veteran member

Interesting thread.
We too are getting ready to sell our home. We have interviewed three Realtors from the top Brokerage in our area. We've reviewed comps, and I have also studied the local Absorption Rate for our price range, etc....something that IMHO tells you a lot and most have no idea about.

Every area is different, as there are so many factors involved. Location, type of home, amount of the same type of home currently available, etc.

We've repainted every room, decluttered, taking great pains to make everything perfect. I just had a dumptruck load of black diamond mulch delivered. The wife is weeding and edging, basically making the outside look awesome. As soon as the mulch is off the driveway and spread I'll reseal the driveway to make it look brand new. The house is staged well, and will show great. I'm a licensed Home Inspector, and I designed and built this home myself, so my goal is that everything is perfect.

Our Florida home is already furnished, so we will hardly move anything at all. Anyway, as they say, every home has it's price. I think it is important to not allow it to get stale on the market.

The bummer is that many times you almost have to sell it twice....once to the potential buyer and then to their lending company....THEY also have to go along with the agreed to price. While I'll miss some things about western NY, we can't wait to start our new Florida life. Good luck and prayers to all who are on this path with us.....

Frank