View Single Post

Old 06-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
missypie, we are all different and we all have different points of view as to this thing called "quality of life". The Villages sells its "Lifestyle" You pay a premium for that lifestyle. The long and short of it is that I was never really drawn in by the so called "Lifestyle" My first choice was the Charelston area and had I rented here first would likely relocaed to Charleston. However I won't move in this market because I can never recapture what I expended to move here and living on a fixed income will create tapping into saivings I wish not to disturb at this time. I also am not enarmored with the government model

You may love it here.
Rubicon, it's so true that what is a great lifestyle to some won't necessarily appeal to others.

This is probably a semi-hijack, but if living in Charleston is your dream, and if living in TV is neither joyful nor comfortably affordable to you, are you sure that staying is your best option?

Have you considered that what you lose by selling in a down market, you might gain by (a) buying in a down market, (b) reduced monthly expenses that don't tap into your savings and (c) greater enjoyment of your life and less stress over finances? Is it possible that if you buy in Charleston now, you will pay less than you would have had you purchased in Charleston when you purchased in TV?

I mention this in the context of this thread because yes, a percentage of people living in TV (or anywhere else), will discover over time that having known this or foreseen that might have led them down a different path. Other paths might still be open.