View Single Post

Old 06-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Rubicon and Nitakk,
Many things in TV, like it or not, are controlled by the developer. However, in this case, the linked editorial does not allege that the developer was responsible for having the anti-governor attendees moved.

News items and first-person accounts have stated that the governor's staff and Lake Sumter deputies ordered the unwanted guests moved. Lt. Bobby Caruthers was quoted as saying it was unclear to the deputies involved who gave the orders; but no one involved has implicated the developer as being responsible. In this case, some evidence points to the governor's staff, but not to the developer.

It would not surprise me if person(s) who were ordered to move file a civil suit. Don't know whether they would prevail. However, it is embarrassing that this happened in TV because I fear that others will also rush to judgement against TV when in this instance, there is no evidence that TV played a role in moving any of the attendees.
P, what you've stated makes the most sense so far from all I've read on this thread.

In the aftermath of the shooting of Congresswoman Giffords on 1/8/11 is it any surprise that security for the Governor on 5/26/11 would be super cautious? If Giffords security had the forethought to take similar measures as people are complaining about on this thread, perhaps several people in their graves today would be alive and enjoying life and Congresswoman Giffords would not have gone through the suffering she has.

Some of this discussion seems like thinly veiled political commentary to me, and based on past history, the biased media coverage is undoubtedly posturing since the next presidential elections are now underway! Fear is a powerful motivator and I suspect that both here and on the national scene, things are going to get much much worse before the elections are over next year!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"