View Single Post

Old 06-06-2011, 06:49 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Figmo,

You want to take a pole or a poll? Also, you have quite a few spelling errors in your two posts.

Remember, Figmo, that the Constitution is a living and evolving document. It can be changed and also interpreted differently by different people. For example, the 2nd Amendment to some people means that Americans may own any kind of firearm they wish - such as assault rifles, automatic rifles and pistols, streetsweeper shotguns with high capacity magazines, pistols with high capacity magazines, etc. Did the men who wrote the 2nd Amendment have any idea of those weapons? No, they had single shot muskets and single shot pistols. Personally, I would grant that Americans be allowed to own a single shot musket or pistol and that the well-regulated militia (National Guard) could have modern weapons.

When the Constitution was written, this was a small country with a small population. People were allowed to have slaves. Women could not vote. Would you take away the Amendments prohibiting slavery or the right of women to vote? I hope not.

As I said, the Constitution is constantly evolving. Anyone who says different is certainly not a scholar of history.
Well said, yet Richie disagrees. Have to believe if a Democrat said the sun rose in the East Richie would say wrong, never happened, it rises in the West. Their is no truth but the "right" truth.