View Single Post

Old 06-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTgolfer View Post
Here is a pretty good definition of a narcissistic pathological liar (ignore the reference to politics).

http://drsanity.blogspot.com/2009/05...lying-and.html

From my observations of the trial, I do feel this is what Casey Anthony suffers from. However, this does not lessen what has happened to her daughter. First degree murder, in my opinion, should not even be a consideration. Aggravated manslaugter does sound plausible.

It's very sad that someone in her family didn't recognize Casey's behaviorial disorder before any possibility of escalation to a child's death occurred.... very sad.
You know I have thought about that too, and I think Casey is quite bright, even if she didn't finish high school, and she is able to read people and manipulate them and has been able to do that for a long time. People who have mental disorders or personality dysfunctions such as these are not easy to spot, even by educators or their family. Think of Ted Bundy. I am sure her family was panicking about her lying and stealing money from close friends and family, but probably did not see that she was capable of killing her daughter. It isn't as if she was seeing things or breaking into peoples houses and I am sure that her stories were that she was borrowing the money or some such evasive foolishness. I found it hard to keep focused when she was giving the detectives the run around. Imagine if it is your child, who you WANT to believe.

I think George and Cindy could not believe that this really BAD person was raised just like her brother with quite different results.

It is really blowing holes in how I can relate this to ANYTHING. She simply does not care about anyone but herself.