View Single Post

Old 06-07-2011, 06:07 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
DJ and Bugs; your affliction of this Sarah Palin Derangement Syndrome is almost too sad for me to be laughing about, but I can't help myself. So many words to try to malign someone who got something right and that you can't believe she actually knew something about, and so have to come up with some kind of "Steven King-ish" fantasy tale of intrigue to explain this unfathomable occurrence. Please, continue. Your stories are so much more fun than the actual mundane story of an underestimation of a person you dislike and disrespect.
Richie.

I mean this seriously, and NOT in a nasty or sarcastic way.

It's not Palin that I'm 'deranged' about. It's you. You are CLEARLY articulate and have a head on your shoulders but, for some reason, you just can't admit it when someone you follow is wrong.

Please notice that I'm not starting threads on her - I'm responding to people's comment - in this case, yours.

It's one thing to back your team in sports no matter how bad they get (and I know a lot about that having been a Red Sox fan for 30+ years before they finally won it all) - but it's another to keep backing someone who is making a fool of themselves. What's worse, you're not saying "Ok, Sarah was wrong but I still back her message" - you're saying she was RIGHT when the facts don't back it up. Even on Fox News, a friendly environment, she doubled down on it talking about Revere's ride, claiming she had the facts to back her up when, again, they DON'T - she never even mentioned the 'out' that her supporters (who were trying to edit the Wikipedia page on Paul Rever) try to use (the fact that Revere DID tell the Regulars about what was going on, but did it AFTER he was captured and was also bluffing since he didn't know what others had done). She insisted, on the clip that I saw, that telling the British was part of 'the mission'.

What's worse is she plays the Pity Card. She complained of it being a "gotcha question". Well, here's the question she was asked: "What did you see here (in Boston) and what will you take away from this visit?"

Is THAT a gotcha question?

With all that, Richie, it's YOU that I'm trying to understand. I can understand supporting her general positions, regardless of whether or not I agree with them. What I *don't* understand is why you keep insisting Palin was right about Revere. Don't you get ANY cognitive dissonance about this?