View Single Post

Old 06-08-2011, 06:49 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

If a golf cart is considered to be in the same class as a bike, then the ticket would be appropriate -- you can get a DUI for riding a bike intoxicated. If you sit (well, stand with bottom resting on the seat) on your bike with an open container, you can be cited.

This may well be a money maker for Lake County but the reality is there is too much drinking and driving in golf carts and the results are not always pretty. Wish people could understand that drinking and driving don't mix and that's true whether it's a car, a golf cart, a bike, whatever. If you're going to be in a moving contraption, drink responsibly. If it takes ticketing people sitting in their golf carts drinking to remind people that drinking laws apply to golf carts just as they do to cars, then ticket away.

We may not like all laws and there are ways to change laws but if you choose to break a law, don't whine when it costs you. As I've admitted, I'm a speeder. I do get pulled over. I don't try to talk my way out of a ticket. Most times I'm lucky and only get a warning. When I do get a ticket, I thank the officer for being polite and doing his/her job, pay the fine and go on my way. I know when I'm breaking the law and, if I don't, then maybe I should find out what the law is rather than blaming the officer who does know the law or crying that the city is only making money and my illegality is harmless.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein