View Single Post

Old 06-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Default cash cows

The truth is that Sumter county Sheriff and Lady Lake Police have been "heavy handed" in the enforcement of minor infractions..I,personally have not been victim, but I know of others that have..I have witnessed arrogance by some officers and what I perceive as disdain for the senior community here..

The tax base here is greater than the entire county of sumter at least,and we have become easy targets..Come on, 18 in a 15 mph cart path, golf cart speed traps, this is just petty..If you look at some of the fines involved it really is cash to the abusers of power...You'd think, that with the conservative political base here,and the fact we have a prominent Florida politician in residence,that this perception could be corrected, by doing real police work..,There is a huge crystal meth problem in the areaa surrounding Lady Lake,just look at the reports of raided labs recently...We had six individuals participate in a torture murder just at our western boundary..These are examples of recent,local crimes reported..And this requires real police work...Not the golf cart commandos...

For the record,my family is heavily involved in law enforcement and are consumate professionals in their work..They have had some real laughs (at our expense) over some of the reported incidents that have taken place with our local public service agencies...My perception of local law enforcement, is that they have grown lazy, and are now biting the hand that feeds them...