View Single Post

Old 06-09-2011, 06:14 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I would change a few things, but not much. When I was growing up, we were poor and I really had no way to go to college. I finally found a way to work my way through, by working part time, joining ROTC, scholarships, and finally getting a full time job and finishing at night.

I was working summers during high school for a doctor who owned a large dairy farm. He had several hundred milk cows, race horses, and thousands of acres of farm land. He was a small town GP and had no children. He offered to pay my entire education if I would go to medical school and come back and take over his practice. At that time in life, I was tired of school and was dreading even another four years of college. The thought of eight years of college and internship, so about another twelve years of education was to much to contemplate. So I didn't do it. And for a few times during the following four years as I struggled to get through college I did regret that choice. But overall it turned out to be the right decision for me. I was more successful in business life then I ever dreamed possible, and made far more money then most doctors. Maybe I would have been very successful as a doctor also, but today looking back, I believe I made the right choice.