View Single Post

Old 06-09-2011, 08:43 AM
Sage

"Would (I) choose the same job?":

I've had several careers, though it was all through evolution: Started off teaching I.T./computer related stuff after finishing school.........which I left after a few years to do some analyst work........which I left after a few years to take a step backwards, just on the roll of the dice to get on board with a really good retail company - still doing technology stuff - where I could have the opportunity to grow (stayed for 10 years).........then rolled the dice again to go work with a former co-worker at a small start-up consulting company doing project management........that company ended up getting acquired by a global consulting firm - I ended up evolving into running the resource management side of a division of that business (stayed a total of 14 years)........then, in a flash of brilliance, I called it a day in '02 and walked (with proper notice, of course). Started my own part-time business which I've had for the past 8+ years, doing something completely removed from anything and everything from my past..........and I am having a ball.

Could I ever have envisioned my work life would've take the path that it did/has? Never. Would I change anything? Nope. Everything always seemed to fall into place (with some hard work along the way) - a lot of being "the right guy at the right place at the right time"......couldn't have hoped for anything better for Sandy and I.

Bill